Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Keep Tia in your prayers

Sunday September 12, 2010 Tia suffered a massive stroke after a blood clot went through a hole in her heart and made its way to her brain. The damage to her brain caused paralysis to the entire left side of her body.
Tia brain began to swell at an alarming rate, so doctors had to remove a section of her skull.
The next day Tia was communicating by using sign language, off her ventilator and breathing on her own. By Tuesday Tia's vision was back and she was writing. Now she can talk and eat on her own. The section of her skull is still off and she is still fighting for her life until her brain swelling goes down.
Tia ask me the same question atleast 10 times a day "Can I have a cheeseburger yet?" Its so innocent and makes me wonder does she understand what happen to her.
It will be a long road to recovery but I know she will make a full recovery.

2 comments:

  1. I know everything will turn out right. Tia, I'm still here for you girl. Stay strong and keep fighting! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki...I am so sorry I missed you the other day. I didn't want to leave at all. I am so touched by the love and bond I saw between you and your sister. I only wish I could have been her nurse the whole time. I want you to know that I have been thinking of you both constantly and I am praying for your whole family. I want everyone reading this to know that Tia is a strong, stubborn little thing and there is no doubt in my mind that she will pull through this. Please, Please, Please keep me posted. I love you all and am sending love your way.
    Jennifer Love
    jmaelove@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete